Increase Tyre Life and Improve Fleet Productivity
Rising operating costs and a global shortage of tyres means optimal performance of fleet tyres is more important than ever.
TOLAPS.Live™ is the new Klinge™ TKPH/TMPH Management System, which helps users to monitor and manage tyre performance for maximum fleet productivity.
TOLAPS.Live™ monitors each individuall tyre using TKPH/TMPH values published by the tyre manufacturer, eliminating the risk of tyre damage or failure caused by exceeding TKPH/TMPH limits.
TOLAPS.Live™ users have:
- Substantially reduced the total number of tyres required to meet production targets.
- Cut tyre expenditure by up to 25%.
- Increased fleet productivity by up to 15%.
Real Time TKPH/TMPH Management
TOLAPS.Live™ interfaces with Klinge™ Total Tyre Control™ tyre management system and a mine’s dispatch system to enable real-time, proactive management of a fleet’s TKPH/TMPH.
Key features include:
- User-defined electronic alerts on screen, text and email.
- In-depth analysis and examination of current and historical tyre/truck/fleet activity data.
- Fleet Overview Dashboard is colour coded to provide proactive recommendations to reduce tyre related risks and increase fleet productivity.
- Multi-dimensional graphs.
- 24/7/365 OTR tyre risk managment tool.
- Up to 25% saving on tyre costs.
- Up to 15% increase in fleet productivity.
- Improves safety of trucks and tyres.
- Can be remotely managed.
Problem / Opportunity
- Experienced a high level of TKPH/TMPH Over Use Alerts – sending a large number of trucks to isolation areas for hot tyres
- High level of tyres damaged or lost to operational heat damage.
TOLAPS.Live™ was introduced in 2008 to:
- Manage the fleet’s TKPH/TMPH to prevent over use of tyres and subsequent downtime and lost productivity.
- Identify the crew/shift which exceeded a vehicle’s TKPH/TMPH, providing opportunities to re-educate the crews to prevent over use.
- As correlations in the data emerged, the client widened the application of TOLAPS.Live™.
Correlations emerged between high TKPH/TMPH usage and tyre loss and wastage. Since the introduction of TOLAPS.Live™ and the re-education of crews:
- ZERO trucks sent to isolation areas for hot tyres.
- ZERO tyres damaged or lost due to operational heat damage.
Problem / Opportunity
- Existing issues were identified with the fleet’s TKPH/TMPH.
- Tyres had been lost to heat damage.
- No ability to monitor TKPH/TMPH.
- Between November 2009 and July 2010, a 25% decline in real-time tyre tread wear rate prior to TOLAPS.Live™ introduction.
TOLAPS.Live™ was introduced in 2010 to:
- Monitor TKPH/TMPH in near real-time.
- Identify opportunities to improve the average tread wear rates.
- Issue real-time alerts to notify dispatch operators when vehicles were approaching the pre-determined TKPH/TMPH threshold.
- 26% improvement in real-time tyre tread wear rates.
- 31% reduction in replacement tyres.
- Tyre budget reduced by $910,000.
- 26 fewer tyres required.